March 13, 2020
Members of the SIU Carbondale Community,
We have updated our FAQ on the impact of the coronavirus and COVID-19 thanks to your many thoughtful questions. You will find new information for students, faculty and staff about the following:
- Restrictions for and cancellation of events.
- The shift to online and other alternative formats for most courses.
- Expectations of graduate assistants.
- Student employment.
- Housing and dining.
- Faculty and staff expectations and policies.
- Updated travel restrictions that include self-quarantine expectations for returning international travelers.
We will continue to update this site as we receive additional common questions and have new information. Please visit regularly. We appreciate your patience and input as we navigate this unprecedented situation. As always, our primary goal is the health and safety of the SIU community.
John M. Dunn