Interviews set for chief information officer candidates
Three candidates for chief information officer at Southern Illinois University Carbondale will meet with constituents during a series of virtual interviews beginning next week.
The candidates, in alphabetical order, are:
- Vikram Ahmed, director, enterprises information systems and user services, Stetson University.
- Scott Bridges, interim assistant provost and CIO; acting director, institutional research and studies, and director of information security-information technology, SIU Carbondale.
- Dawn Stoyanoff, management consultant, CampusWorks.
Among their duties, CIO serves as the chief fiscal and administrative officer of the Office of Information Technology and participates as a member of the chancellor’s executive cabinet. The visit schedule is:
- Monday, Oct. 18 – Dawn Stoyanoff.
- Tuesday, Oct. 19 – Vikram Ahmed.
- Thursday, Oct. 21 – Scott Bridges.
Each candidate will participate in a virtual open forum at noon on the day of their visit. The open forum will be hosted by the constituency groups, and each group will have a member of the interview panel ask the candidates prepared questions. The open forum will be broadcast via YouTube for the campus community to watch.
The chief information officer reports to the chancellor. The chief information officer oversees the Office of Information Technology.