The following timeline is current as of December 5, 2019, and is subject to revision.
- Identification of Search Advisory Committee.
- Office of the President develops first draft of job description and advertisement.
- Review of job description and advertisement.
- Website development.
- Identification of advertising venues.
- Initial meeting of Search Advisory Committee with Witt Kieffer (get acquainted with each other; committee receives charge from President; discussion concerning affirmative action guidelines; review of job description; advertisement suggestions).
- Advertise job description.
- Diversity Training
November 2019/December 2019/January 2020
- Announcement made to SIU community seeking nominations.
- Search of candidates and acceptance of applications.
- Ongoing review of applications.
- Select on-campus interview dates and reserve rooms.
- Website goes live.
- Selection of candidates for interviews (approximately 10 candidates).
- Finalize interview protocol.
- Background checks, including credit, criminal, and motor vehicle background checks; on- and off-list reference checks; verification of credentials; journal articles; conduct media reviews for potentially controversial areas of concern; obtain candidates’ signed statement of resume accuracy; confidentially determine suitability as full professor.
- Committee compiles list of potential finalists’ strengths and weaknesses for presidential review.
- President selects finalists for campus visit
- On-campus interviews.
- Final reference checks and verifications.
- Committee compiles feedback on finalists for presidential review.
- President provides recommendation to the Board of Trustees.
- Departmental vote for tenure and full professor for finalist.
- President discusses potential offer with candidate.
- Board of Trustees approves the hire of next Chancellor.